To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


How long does it take to get a library card?

The Hot Spring County librarian will be able to supply you with a new library card the same day you apply.

Are electronic books available?

You can check out e-books through the Arkansas Digital Library Consortium. Go to the Hot Spring County library's homepage or click https://adlc.overdrive.com/

Does the Library have "story time" for young kids?

Story time and more! The library hosts a variety of events, including story hour, crafts and other activities for children and teens. You can find a schedule of all library activities at http://hsc.evanced.info/signup/calendar

City Hall

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday.


May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?

Yes, you may burn yard debris from your own yard when weather conditions permit. If you have any questions, please contact City Hall.

Application Process

I am interested in applying for a job with the City of Rockport, what do I do?

You will need to fill out an application if available.  Please ensure you meet the qualifications for the position you wish to be considered for.  If you would like to include a resume, simply attach it to the completed application. You may mail or drop off the application at City Hall.  Interviews will be scheduled accordingly.

Does the City of Rockport hire part time employees?

Yes, we do hire part time employees.  Availability of these positions will be posted here when available.

Building Permits & Inspections

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Sanitation & Recycling

When are the garbage collection days for my street?

Please refer to the monthly schedule. Remember, observed holidays will alter the normal routine.

Sewer Utilities

How can I contact the Sewer Department for Rockport?

The Rockport Sewer Department can be contacted at 501-337-6201.

What forms of payment do you accept?

Sewer bills can be paid by personal check, money order, or cash.

Where do I send/make payment?

Deposits and monthly sewer payments can be made in person at the city hall, 1472 Military Road, Rockport, AR 72104, or by mail, City of Rockport Sewer, PO Box 816, Malvern, AR 72104.

What products should I never put into the sewer system?

The sewer system is designed to carry human waste and wastewater to treatment facilities. Foreign objects and substances can result in damage. If repair or clogging is causes from household objects then expense to the account holder can occur. Therefore avoid introducing the following products into the system:

Feminine products, diapers, baby wipes, facial wipes, and other flushable wipes

Qtips, paper towels, tissues, condoms, cleaning pads, and gum

Medications, hypodermic needles, and cigarette butts

Pet waste and kitty litter

Cooking grease, fats, and oils (freeze then place in the trash)

Pet fish (skeletons don't break down) or gravel

Hair - Large masses of hair, pet or human, don't break apear and could cause blockage

Dental Floss

Food scraps


New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit